* To lead the overall editorial function as a second in command. Position will report to the Editor-in-Chief.
* Managing team/shifts. Planning the layout of newspaper editions through a large and energetic team.
* Take ownership of the paper. To discuss with management and editorial staff members regarding placement of developing news stories.
* Determine placement of stories based on relative significance, available space.
* Marking layout sheets to indicate position of each story and accompanying photographs.
* Approving proofs submitted by composing room. May write or revise headlines, edit copy, perform related editorial duties as required.
* Have at least 12- 15 years of experience in news journalism.
* Leadership, managerial, decision making and communication skills.
* High degree of commitment to editorial excellence.
* Mumbai experience would be necessary.
* Candidate should have good knowledge of news and should have excellent command over the English language.
* Strong appreciation of style, presentation, packaging & design.
* Must be able to relate to the youthful mindset of its readers.
* Being a leadership role, the individual will have to command the respect of the entire team and guide them towards success on a continuous basis.
Compensation will be very attractive.