The Maharashtra chapter had its second meeting on 15 December at the famous Veer Kotwal Udyan, near Dadar station.
Here are the minutes of the meeting:
1. Chapter decided to start the membership drive as soon as it starts on national level.
2. Chapter approved formation of Sub Chapter in Pune as there are number of IIMCians in Pune. President Suryakant Mishra has appointed Neha Shrimali (now Dave) as the coordinator for the Pune Sub Chapter. She will call a meeting to select/elect office bearers of the sub chapter. We will convey the date as soon as Neha conveys it to us. We also decided that president and secretary of Pune sub chapter would be ex officio vice president and secretary of Maharashtra chapter in lines of other sub chapters in the country.
3. Members decided to visit IIMC Amravati and meet the current batch of the students to provide them with the much needed industry information and required contacts when moving out of the campus and look for opportunities. Maharashtra chapter will consult with the national committee in this regard before proceeding. The date would be decided later and conveyed accordingly.
4. Teaching opportunities were discussed. Members decided to use alumni network for the same. In addition to the teaching opportunities job and freelancing opportunities were also discussed. Members promised to help out everyone in need.
5. Senior alumni members discussed the current job opportunities and in Mumbai and also discussed career growth plans with youngsters.
6. We discussed about the new career opportunity in instructional designing for IIMCians. Pune based alumnus Shivangi will be interviewed by us on her job, and opportunities, which we would like the IIMC blog to post for current batch students and anyone of desirous in knowing about the industry.
7. Spot issues:
a. Chapter decided to hold meeting every month till it has active participation in good numbers and to stabilise the chapter.
b. Next meeting is tentatively scheduled on 19 January 2013 in Andheri suburb of Mumbai to get participation from members residing around. Exact venue and time would be conveyed as it gets finalised.
8. Krishna and I will be working together to create a directory with detailed profile of all IIMCians in Maharashtra and will be sharing the same with all members for ready reckoning. We will also form a blog for Maharashtra chapter which will be linked to national blog.
Chapter especially thank Neha Dave and Shivangi Srivastava for coming down from Pune and participating in the meeting.
Thanks and Regards,
General Secretary, IIMCAA, Maharashtra