Annual general meeting (AGM) of The IIMC Alumni Association (IIMCAA) was held at IIMC HQ, New Delhi on 25th September, 2022. IIMCAA President Mr. Kalyan Ranjan presided over the meeting. Listed agenda was discussed at the AGM followed by the issues raised by members present at the AGM.
Minutes of the meeting:-
1. AGM approved the proposal to rename the National Council to Governing Council. Appropriate amendments in the constitution will be done accordingly.
2. AGM approved the proposal to insert a rule for central committee elections that a panel must have representation of at least 3 campuses and 3 courses. Appropriate amendments in the constitution will be done accordingly.
3. AGM approved the proposal to authorise the governing council to resolve disputes between the central committee and chapters/ sub chapters if such a situation arises. Appropriate amendments in the constitution will be done accordingly.
4. AGM discussed the proposal to open all IIMCAA Awards for non alumni professionals. Majority members opposed this proposal and based on the discussion, AGM approved to start one new award open for all journalists which was accepted by the members present at the meeting.
5. IIMCAA Member Mr. Krishna Pophale raised the issue of tenure for Chapter and Sub Chapters similar to the Central Committee. AGM discussed it and rejected it unanimously.
6. IIMCAA Member Mr. Krishna Pophale raised the issue of including alumni of other Indian states in the central committee and not limiting it for alumni residing in Delhi-NCR only. AGM discussed it and approved in principle to expand the ambit of the central committee without interfering with the constitution in any manner.
Thanks & Regards,