Position – Communication Officer – Content and Story
Last Date of Application: 30 August 2013
The Poorest Areas Civil Society (PACS) Programme is an initiative of the UK Government’s Department for International Development (DFID) aimed at reducing the gap in wellbeing status between socially excluded groups in India and the rest of the population.
We work with civil society organisations to help groups claim their rights and entitlements, by promoting inclusive policies, programmes and institutions at local, district and state levels.
This seven-year programme (2009-2016) aims to support civil society organisations (CSOs) in promoting inclusive local, district and state policies, programmes and institutions. It focuses on areas of livelihood, education, health and nutrition in gender and rights perspectives. PACS programme is being implemented in 90 districts across 7 states of Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, Uttar Pradesh, and West Bengal.
PACS is looking for a Communication Officer – Content and Story to be based in its national office Delhi.
The position will report to Head of Advocacy and Communication. It is right now for a period of one year and will be renewed based on performance and programme needs.
The incumbent should be a postgraduate with experience of writing, reporting and packaging content for development communication. Should be familiar with rights and entitlement framework. Social media messaging and web content management experience would a definite advantage with above skills being present.
The person would research and propose stories, plan media and film visits related to PACS programme and the theme it works with.
Main Job Responsibilities –:
• Researching, writing, editing stories and case studies, including images, based on priorities of external communications. This will include sourcing and processing content from state offices and partners, identifying strong stories, and interviewing staff, partners, community members.
• Responsible for managing content on website and social media on a daily basis, and as per the strategic communication plan.
• Responsible for planning and preparing story packages for dissemination and media pitches, in line with ongoing campaign.
• Contributing to media strategies, materials, events and relations for major media push, particularly related to public campaigning, emergencies and fundraising. Seeking media outlets for stories gathered, in coordination with media manager.
• Creating an archive system for text, visual and video materials.
The ideal candidate should:
• Graduate/Post Graduate with proven experience in journalistic writing and editing, film/video production and producing web content
• Have five years of experience in media and civil society organisations or mixed communications roles that include media relations, researching and writing for online and print publication and having strong communication and public relations skills
• Have relevant experience in development, civil society activism or campaigning.
• Have experience of managing media relations in India or South Asia
• Excellent written and spoken English and knowledge of Hindi.
• Willing to travel as required.
How to apply
Please send a note (maximum 200 words) mentioning your suitability for the said position with an updated CV with links to three to four samples of previous work to email@example.com
Please mention Communication Officer – Content and Story in the subject line. Please mention your present and expected salary in the CV.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We encourage applications from socially excluded communities, PWD and women.