Digital marketing and Social Media officer
Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian medical aid organization working in more than 65 countries worldwide. Médecins Sans Frontières is neutral, impartial, independent, and not linked to any political party or governmental body. It provides emergency medical assistance to people in need, irrespective of their nationality, race or religion. In 1996, MSF received the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development and in 1999 MSF was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. MSF has worked in India since 1999 and provides medical treatment to hundreds of thousands of Indian patients. MSF is registered as MSF Holland India Trust under Reg. No. 5691 and as a non-profit Section 25 Company under Reg. No. U85100DL2013NPL249165, dated 6 March 2013.
MSF provides free-of-charge essential healthcare. MSF runs hospitals and clinics, perform surgery, fight epidemics, operate feeding centres for malnourished children and offer mental healthcare. MSF currently runs projects in the states of Bihar, Manipur, Maharashtra, Jammu & Kashmir, Chhattisgarh and Andhra Pradesh. . MSF India is one of 24 offices and operational centres in Europe, America, Asia and Australasia, pooling funding, expertise and staff for MSF field operations. MSF India has three key objectives in support of field operations: the recruitment of skilled medical and non-medical staff, the raising of vital funds, and public information work.
Availability: for a period of 3 months starting July, 2014
FUNCTIONAL AND HIERARCHICAL LINES
PURPOSE OF POST
To develop MSF India’s social media presence as well as the online promotion of MSF India’s campaigns and websites in order to increase the visibility of the MSF brand, to engage with its community of supporters, to increase donor servicing and to maximize the generation of funds online. This will include:
– Develop, implement, track and optimize MSF India digital marketing campaigns across all digital channels.
– Engage and grow MSF India’s social media community of supporters
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
1- Digital marketing
· Manage paid search campaigns on multiple online platforms to drive traffic to the MSF India online platforms.
· Develop web advertising campaigns including paid search, SEO and PPC to drive traffic on all MSF India websites, from initial brief through copy and design development to final delivery, monitoring and optimisation
· Optimize copy and landing pages of MSF India websites for search engine marketing
· Manage e-mail campaigns. This includes scheduling of activity, targeting , commissioning content and selection of imagery and multimedia , layout and design – acquire new email subscribers
· Ensure www.msfindia.in and social channel are both promoted across all online and offline channels.
2- Social media
· Daily management of social media communications with supporters and interested parties, building relationships with existing supporters and donors online
· Daily monitoring of social media activity
· Contribute to the development of the MSF India social media strategy
· Development of relationships with social media “influencers”
· Growth of social media networks and audiences
· Play a key role in responding to “social media emergencies” or controversies in collaboration with the Head of communications.
· Develop multimedia products and digital creative
3- Monitoring & Evaluation (Metrics)
· Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns
· Develop processes and a system for gathering data on audiences reached through our websites and social media
· Analyse such data on regular basis and report on monthly basis on trends in audience reach in general
· Report upon request on audience reach relating to specific communications and advise on how MSF India can adjust its approach in order to reach intended audience.
· Advise on best tools and practices for metrics and analysis.
4- MSF India websites maintenance, development and monitoring (Drupal and WordPress)
· Performs content updates, site administration and maintenance for the public website (www.MSFindia.in) using Drupal CMS and the campaign website using WordPress CMS;
· Optimize onsite content for maximum visibility and ranking in the major search engines. This includes HTML, site structure, as well as page layout and navigation
· monitors site traffic and present the analysis, ensures optimum performance, proper backup and security including the data;
Qualifications: Minimum a Graduate Degree.
Work experience: Minimum 4 to 5 years working experience in Digital marketing and social media
- Excellent writing skills in English
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, Flickr etc.)
- Ability to write engaging posts and Tweets
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Demonstrable experience developing and implementing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns
- Experience in setting up and optimizing Google Adwords campaigns and Facebook ads
- In-depth experience with website analytics tools (e.g, Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends)
- Experience with bid management tools (e.g., Click Equations, Marin, Kenshoo, Search Ignite)
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Flash and Final Cut Pro
- Good technical knowledge of Drupal and WordPress CMS
- Substantial experience of digital marketing in the not-for-profit sector
- Writing skills in Hindi
APPLY & MORE INFORMATION
Please clearly state which position you are applying for and the source from where you saw the job profile and send your CV to: email@example.com
· Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
· Be willing to work occasional evenings and week ends
IMPORTANT REMARK: Candidates from non Indian origin applying for this position should have the valid/legal working permit.