Ghana Chapter of IIMC Alumni Association met at Ghana Broadcasting Corporation Gardens in Accra on 31 August, 2019. Those who attended the meeting are- Masahudu A. Kunateh- African Eye Report, Akwasi K. Nkyi- Ghana Broadcasting Corporation, Matilda Tettey- Ministry of Local Government & Rural Development, Gabriel Ahiabor- Daily Graphic, Zakari Musah- Ministry of Works and Housing, Marmle Ramani- Ministry of Local Government and Rural Development and Adwoa K. Yiadom- Media General.
Minutes of the meeting:-
1. Members were asked to reach out to other alumni to inform them about the Chapter.
2. Members were also encouraged to attend meetings to strengthen the Chapter.
3. It was agreed that GBC Gardens would remain the venue for meetings, Saturday would be meeting days and the time would be 2 PM.
4. Members suggested that as time goes on, members who live in other regions (state or province), can have their meetings in their respective regions and share ideas with those in Accra.
5. In order to ensure proper organisation of the Chapter, the meeting agreed that an interim executive committee would be put in place on Saturday, 28th September, 2019 to facilitate work of the Chapter until office bearers are elected.
6. It was proposed that going forward, our meetings should be held every two months.
7. Members suggested that we should have email addresses of members to cover every possible means of reaching member as back up to WhatsApp messages.
Thanks & Regards,
Coordinator, Ghana Chapter
IIMC Alumni Association