Position: Coordinator – Community Media
Job Location: New Delhi
Last date for application: 28th November, 2012
OneWorld Foundation India (OneWorld) is looking for a highly motivated and passionate candidate for the post of Coordinator – Community Media.
The candidate would support the Community and Social Media team of OneWorld to coordinate, advocate and build capacities of Community Radio Stations;
coordinate with stakeholders to organize workshops, consultations on Community Media; track and monitor projects; manage and update content on
the resource exchange platform and other community based audio-visual productions.
Location: The position will be based in New Delhi.
Minimum eligibility criterion
- Degree in Media or Communications or related disciplines from a reputed college/ University
- Prior working experience of 2-3 years with a Community Radio and Community Media organization is desirable
- Excellent understanding of Indian Community Radio domain, Community Media in South Asian region and Community Radio policy
- Good written and verbal skills in English and Hindi
Required skills: Interested candidates must possess the following skills:
- Effective Liaisioning and coordinating skills
- Ability to impart Community Radio and basic media literacy trainings and produce radio programmes
- Technical experience of using audio editing packages e.g. Nuendo/ Audacity/ Sound Forge or any other suite, and flash recorders will be a plus
- Ability to shoot and edit video in different editing suites e.g. Edius/ Final Cut Pro/ Adobe Premier or any other suite
- In-depth understanding of development issues
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with team members under tight deadlines
- Willingness to travel.
The key job responsibilities include:
- Coordinate and organise stakeholder workshops, consultation involving selected partners mainly Community Radio Stations and Community Based organizations
- Writing reports, manuals, maintain database of potential CR partners, prepare presentations and documentation of workshops/ consultations
- Liaison with ministries, departments and NGOs
- Undertake and coordinate research and evaluation activities
- Coordinate production of radio and video programmes
- Assists in all aspects of programme management
Remuneration: As per industry standards
How to apply:
Apply as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org with resume and cover letter. Applications without a cover letter will not be accepted.
Note: Please mark Coordinator – Community Media in the subject line.
Before applying please see following websites:
With best regards,
Tej Prakash Yadav