India will host a BRICS Summit meeting in New Delhi in 2012, bringing together the leaders of Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa. This will be the fourth BRICS Summit. Earlier Summits were held in Russia (Ekaterinburg, 2009), Brazil (Brasilia, 2010) and China (Sanya, 2011).
All interested Indians (resident and non-resident Indian citizens, as well as Overseas Citizens of India and Persons of Indian Origin) are invited to participate in a “Competition for Design” of a logo for the BRICS Summit 2012. The logo should bring out the essence of this grouping of countries, which has received unprecedented global attention in recent years and now occupies a prominent space in the global political and economic landscape.
For background information on BRICS see:
• Statement by Prime Minister at the plenary session of BRICS Leaders on 14 April 2011http://www.mea.gov.in/mystart.php?id=100517541
• Briefing on BRICS Summit at Sanya on 14 April 2011 http://www.mea.gov.in/mystart.php?id=100517544
Submission of Entries:
• Entries may be submitted by interested persons only by email to email@example.com by 7 January 2012.
• The design should be the original work of the participants and must not infringe the Intellectual Property Rights of any third party.
• An entry could be an individual project or a team project.
• Every entry should be accompanied by a brief written explanation of the Design and how it best symbolizes the concept of the BRICS Summit 2012. The bio data of the applicant/applicants along with contact details and an electronic copy of a photo in jpg format should also be attached.
• Each participant can submit no more than two entries.
Guidelines for preparing entries:
Preferred file type:
• EPS file (or AI)—Adobe Illustrator, version CS3 or lower
• File with the”.ai” extension or the “.eps” extension can also be provided.
• File should contain artwork that has been drawn in Illustrator, and not imported to it.
• All fonts should be converted to outlines
• If file contains spot colours or RGB colours, they will be converted to CMYK
Other acceptable file types:
• TIF, JPG, or PSD (CS3 or lower)
• Logo artwork should be at least 2 inches long along the smallest side
• File should be high resolution—at least 300 pixels per inch at 100% size
• File should look clean(not pixilated or bit-mapped) when viewed on screen at 100%
File types that we cannot use to reproduce your logo in print:
• WORD (.doc)
• PowerPoint (.ppt)
• Self-extracting files such as EXE or SEA
If the participant is unable to provide a file type that has been listed under the preferred/acceptable file types, we will make every effort to work with what has been provided but please be aware that the final printed result may be less than desirable.
• Entries sent once shall not be returned.
• The final selected logo shall become the intellectual property of the Government of India and the designer shall not have any right over the same.
• The Government of India shall have the right to use, print or reproduce the prize winning logo in any form it deems fit.
• The responsibility to comply with the guidelines and other conditions fully lies with the participant/participant and the Government of India shall not be liable for any dispute raised by a third party.
• All entries received by the stipulated date and found in order, shall be evaluated by a Jury of Examiners.
• The Government of India, if it so decides, reserves the right not to proceed with the competition at any stage.
• The Designer of the finally selected design will get a prize of Rs.50, 000/- and would be required to surrender copyright of the design to the Government of India.